What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sarracenia rhizome

How do you do divisions of the rhizome? If you can answer me or tell me if this has already been asked, just delete it. :] I have been wondering do you pull them apart or cut them apart. I bought a plant at the swamp meet and was doing fine, until now, a couple months later, they started producing mass pitchers. :] If you could answer me that would be great! :-D

Thanks,
Halt.

It's usually best to saw them with a knife. Plan where you're going to make the cut - the two divisions should each have a growth point and some roots each.

I havn't yet made divisions but do plan to do so next year, from what i've read, you just cut the rhizome into equal pieces, make sure the rhizome is large enough for division. then spray it with a fungiacid. Also i heard its best only to do rhizome divisions in late winter early spring

Back