What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora sp. "Akopan," "Amuri," "Angasima" . . .

Unbelievable! They are gorgeous! I can't decide if I like the "Akopan" or "Angasima" better. Also, how is your H. sarraceniodes doing?

Very nicely done, beautiful plants indeed!

Av

Damn David!!! i love the sp. angasima! and the amuri, just wow!

Thanks . . .

I have been very pleased with their performance and I've even managed a division or two within only one year . . .

Unbelievable! They are gorgeous! I can't decide if I like the "Akopan" or "Angasima" better. Also, how is your H. sarraceniodes doing?

The "new" Heliamphora are nice -- and quite vigorous; and I have a H. spec. nov. "Lowland Testigos" and H. spec. nov. "Foothill" on order from Germany, which also look promising.

The H. sarracenioides are doing quite well, dividing, and sending up new adult leaves. The even cooler California weather in Fall certainly helps. That species definitely wants nights in the fifties and lower . . .

Heliamphora sarracenioides
HSARR.jpg

Thanks, Av, especially considering your great Heliamphora successes . . .

Fantastic BB! :)

Great looking Heli particulary H. spec. nov. "Akopan" & "Angasima" :banana2:

Do the plants come directly from wistuba or are they hardened off by an importer? Over here (UK) I have found that the majority of Heli from Wistuba arrived very soft and have to be kept under very high humidity till they settle in. And can take ages before adult growth appears! Indeed I am still waiting for my elongata to produce anything other than small juvenile growth after 9 years!! Though these new species do appear to be at least faster growers!
So lucky that you grow them outside. Lovely photos!

cheers

bill

Great looking Heli particulary H. spec. nov. "Akopan" & "Angasima" :banana2:

Do the plants come directly from wistuba or are they hardened off by an importer? Over here (UK) I have found that the majority of Heli from Wistuba arrived very soft and have to be kept under very high humidity till they settle in. And can take ages before adult growth appears! Indeed I am still waiting for my elongata to produce anything other than small juvenile growth after 9 years!! Though these new species do appear to be at least faster growers!
So lucky that you grow them outside. Lovely photos!

cheers

bill

Thanks . . .

They come directly from Wistuba through his distributor but nothing seems done on his end aside from overnighting packages. They do tend to arrive in a limp biscuit condition from time to time but that has never been a problem.

Nine years for the H. elongata!? I have one doing much the same after five and two H. exapendiculata trying to outlive me before mature leaves arrive.

Crap, what with the earth coming to an end in 2012 . . .

They are so BEAUTIFUL!!Made me think that I killed one..wow...I must be a really bad grower haha...

Back