What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giving Cephs another shot!

While my hummer's giant is at a friends house recovering (still) and i will receive divisions from it over time, i figured i would start again with cephalotus before i get those divisions, this is the first of the two that i am starting up again with, the other will be here next week.
Youngcephalotus001.jpg

So cute, lol. Wish you luck :)

nice. looks happy! What happened to the hummer's giant?

Its at a friends house, recovering like I've said many times. Once its big enough, he will send me some divisions.

um, lol. I meant what is it recovering from? Also when you say he will send divisions, do you mean he is gonna keep the mother plant?

I'd love to get my hands on a piece of Clint's clone. Please lemme know when you have spares. ;D

Yes. I gave him the mother plant basically. But I get as many divisions as I want from it when available. It almost died from powdery white mildew and root issues.

nice! were these Ebay plants?
keep us updated!

hope your friend is a really good expert.

Upper-ron is a very successful grower of nearly all CPs...... Obregon-the plant is from nevermore actually, and the seedgrown I have coming is from a nursery here in the northwest

Treat it like your highlanders -- though maybe slightly drier -- and Cephalotus will do just fine . . .

Why would you only get divisions? Why don't you get the "mother plant" back and make your own divisions?

xvart.

only asked for divisions xvart.
Rons done some amazing things for me in the past, its my way of paying him back i guess.

Here is the second ceph
is seedgrown
i was very surprised when it arrived, the website said "small plants about 1" in diameter producing immature pitchers, will be another 1-2 years before it produces mature pitchers, 3-4 years before flowering maturity"
well here it is in 3" pot
seedgrowncephalotus004.jpg

seedgrowncephalotus001.jpg

seedgrowncephalotus002.jpg

Looks great, I'm jealous. xD I wonder how long it will be until mine make a mature pitcher...

depends on the age capensis.
thanks for the comments

Lovely plant kris. I ordered from the same place but, I don't think I will be as lucky as you! If I am they need a new ruler...

Back