What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Sarracenia Purpurea

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Pitcher2.jpg

pitcher1.jpg

lol. Good find!

Last edited:
That's pretty neat. Where did you come across that?

xvart.

That's pretty neat. Where did you come across that?

xvart.

I googled "Sarracenia Purpurea", and it's on like the 35th page

lol, I heard someone say that they once they saw a nepenthes growing in concrete.

I googled "Sarracenia Purpurea", and it's on like the 35th page

Oh. I thought it was a picture you took. You should take the picture down and post a link since you don't own the pictures. It's neat how, to quote Jurassic Park, "life finds a way."

xvart.

that cant be real..
I doubt a sarr would live and grow like that..
unless there is something like damp sand under that slab..
but looking at the background, it doesnt look very swampy..
and they dont put cemeteries in swamps either..

I bet its either photoshopped, or..more likely..the photographer picked the plant out of a nearby swamp and stuck it there for the photo..

the fact that it just happens to be an unusually interesting monument, with the carved skull, further leads to the conclusion that the plant was placed there on purpose, just for the photo..

Scot

That plant isn't in the ground, I can see the roots. Looks like someone just put it there like scotty said.

Very beautiful and austere. :) I for one believe that it could be growing there of its own. The moss on the steps suggests that there's enough moisture there to keep it alive at least for part of the year. Also the fact that it's a purpurea purpurea would suggest that there's probably water from snow melt for part of the year.

That not moss. I think it is called lechin or something, but it is like a fungus with algea in it.

wow, I thought it was real! Its just metal!

very well cast though....looks pretty real...almost like a real dessicated sarr. :D

Me too. That looked real enough.

Back