What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aborted flower?

I'm going to have to guess my S. leucophylla made an aborted flower.
SN853005.jpg

Thoughts?

I had an aborted flower too. Did you change the conditions while it was growing?
This aborted the flowers on my flava.

No, I don't think so. I repotted it into my mini-bog maybe...one or two motnhs ago? That might be the reason, but now it's dormant. The good thing, though, is that I'll probably have flowers next spring.

Sarracenia will sometimes put out flowers in the fall. Generally these flowers are on very short stalks - close to the ground. The recommendation I got from an expert grower is that these flowers - if uncut - may result in botyris infecting and killing your plant.

I see...I'll try to tomorrow morning, if I have enough time.

Have your temps been going up and down recently?

xvart.

That's a little hard to say. I guess it's been going up and down with some cold fronts, but other than that, it's been a bit warm.

octobersarraceniaflower.jpg

Sarracenia flava flower put out at the end of October. Notice the short neck. They are fairly common among my tall sarras. You can let them flower, but - and I've heard this second hand - after they drop their petals, trim off immediately.

I cut it off before I left. I doubt it was going to flower, it seemed a little damaged, as you can see in the picture.

Back