What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question...

I bought a few pots of cephalotus recently and am interested to make a terrarium for them..

i was just wondering what kind of bulbs to use. are those fluorescent tubes we usually use for our homes sufficient for the cephalotus in the terrarium?

also, how far must the bulb be from the cephalotus for optimum growth?

is it better to grow cephalotus outdoors or in a terrarium?

and, would it be advisable to place my terrarium in my room, whereby the AC will be switched on at night for a temperature drop?

thanks.

Where did you stay??

I have my cephalotus indoors in a mini indoor greenhouse with 3 T5 bulbs. They are super bright. My CP's have developed very nice reds under these lights, including the ceph which is about to open another pitcher. :D

im from malaysia, its a country above singapore in tropical climate.

im from Singapore... and i do grow my cephs inside a tank.
It is fully enclosed, with fan inside. There are 2 T5HO with individual refletor.
A hose connected to a chiller to lower down the heat to abt 25degree in the day.
At night, the temp will drop to ard 18degree when lights off.
16 hours of light. The cephs will grow pitches and colour for you.

You can do a variety of things, to include growing them outside, terrarium, window sill, or under artificial lighting. Grolites are designed to provide the best wavelengths, apart from the sun. See this thread additional tips.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116405

Back