What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Ceph Pics

Everything has colored up nicely under my new T5 bulbs. The first pic is of a young "hummer's giant" that I received from RL7836's plant charity. It has really taken off as of late.

View attachment 673

This next one is of a typical ceph that I have had now for about 6 months.

View attachment 674

Cephalotus!!!!!!! :banana2:

Wow, that is some unbeliveable color.

awesome cephs! I especially like the teeth on the hummer's giant.

the color is simply awesome

may i know what is the kelvin of the bulbs, and how many tubes are you using??

Yes, color of bulbs and distance the top of the plant is from the bulbs please!

Thanks for the comments. The plants are under 2, 48" 54 watt T-5 bulbs. One is a 10000K daylight bulb. The other is a plant-grow bulb. It is also 54 watt, but without searching for the package, I'm not 100% certain on the Kelvins of that one. They also receive light from 1, 48" 40 watt T-8 2800K Flora-Glo bulb. The plants themselves sit about 6-8 inches from the light source. Also, they receive indirect light from a reef tank that sits directly behind it, giving it light from 4 T-5 bulbs. The light cycle is on for approximately 16 hours a day.

Mine are about 9-10" from 2 T5HO lights, and are less red is color. Good to know I can move them up a few inches.

Thank you for sharing the spec of growing this plant.
I am using 4 tubes T5HO. the plants are around 6 inch from the lights.
But still cant get that colour i wanted.

hello shasha,

how long does ur cephs take to obtain the coloration under those lights?i have juz placed mine 6 inch under 6 24w 10000k t5ho..hoping that mine will color up as good as urs..:)

regards,

anne

It really depends. That light was added after the ceph had already been in there for several months. Any new pitchers that develop usually take anywhere from a week to two weeks to get that really deep color. It really depends for me on the pitcher size and where it is located in the pot. I see almost immediate (few days) coloring of the pitcher, but like I said I would have to guess that it takes about 2 or so weeks in order to achieve that really deep red color.

Back