What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh noes! What did I do!?

Well, here was my Heliamphora minor a few months ago...

P1010318.jpg

And now it looks like this...

P1010358.jpg

And it seems my Ceph has developed a blank corner, in what used to be a full pot...

P1010361.jpg

Seems I got the bug, and made some divisions!

P1010362.jpg

P1010364.jpg

P1010367.jpg

P1010368.jpg

This is my first time dividing, or even repotting the H. minor in the 3+ years I've owned it. So I'm hoping it all goes well. It divided very easily, and into divisions that are each about 3x the size of the original plant when I bought it. Plus I got a couple tiny ones out of it, too. The Cephs were intended to just be pulls (I like to pull rosettes of pitchers, rather than individual pitchers/leaves), but it seems that a large portion of the plant is growing completely above the soil altogether, so these little ones all came right out with no force at all, roots and all.

I set up a 10 gallon specifically for these divisions, however, the lighting is more intense than the terrarium they're currently in, so I may shade it a bit until they settle in.

Cool; and goodluck.

Ooooh, I'm very impressed. :) Nice helis and cephs. :)

Impressive. They'll fill those pots in no time at all.

Hopefully. I really intended to keep one large plant, and take a few smaller divisions, but the whole thing just naturally separated into 3 nearly identical plants...so, oh well. I'll be keeping the one that's back in the original terrarium, and the rest will be up for trade when the weather is warmer, and they've established for a bit.

Back