What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new Cephalotus just arrived!

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Well, my new Cephalotus was waiting at my house when I got home from class today. I transplanted it from it's 3-inch pot and into a square 4-inch pot. The soil is 1 part peat, 2 parts perlite, and 1 part sand. The top half-inch of soil is 1 part peat, 2 parts sand. I've watered and misted it with distilled water and it's now on my windowsill where it will get a couple of hours of direct sunlight (the rest of the time is bright shade.

Thoughts?

MyCephalotus2.jpg

MyCephalotus3.jpg

MyPlants1.jpg

Very nice. It should do very well under those conditions.

Good luck . . .

totally awesome i love ur top sand dressing =] looks so cool with the ceph redness. and that mature pitcher looks so cute and small.

duddeee you pot so neattlyy :O when i pot, heh, just say i have to clean up for hours.

Nice looking ceph. The red makes it look cool. I really want a ceph now... Is the top half inch peat and sand supposed to be helpful to the ceph?

Nice looking ceph. The red makes it look cool. I really want a ceph now... Is the top half inch peat and sand supposed to be helpful to the ceph?

Well, I read that they grow in very sandy environments and the sand apparently will help reduce rot because it drains very fast.

wow ahmad..i wan my ceph to be as red as urs..u have a very sunny spot..too bad i dun get much sun at my balcony...

I'd call it, a ceph stranded in the middle of nowhere... i like it!

Back