What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

filling cephalotus pitchers

hi,i read in another forum that its ok to fill cephs pitchers with water..my question is,will the water somehow turn into digestive liquids?

The only way I'd think about placing water in any ceph or nep pitchers is right after receiving it from shipping through the mail to replace any spilled liquid. Other then that the plant will produce it's own and not need any additional water.
Adding water would just dilute the digestive fluids the plant produces.

ceph is hardy they will live happily without water in their pitcher. but its also ok too add water to their pitcher. and i also read that somewhere( i forgot) more than 70% of ceph growth rate came from root and soil

edit: lol kinda off topic but i don't kno, i never try to add water to ceph be4. when i add water into nepenthe pitcher after until the day the pitcher starting to turn brown i cut it open the water still water...

thanks for the inputs guys..got no choice but to fill the pitchers up coz the enzymes were spilled during shipping..the water won't turn into digestive enzymes so this means i will have to wait for a new pitcher to develop b4 i can feed it with fish food pellets..

The only pitcher plant whose pitcher needed filling is S. purpurea. It's best to water Cephs from above, every few days, and more along the perimeter.

Back