What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it normal?

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hey everyone,

My H. Minor has been making Mature pitchers for months now, but it did something wierd, a new pitcher formed from a mature pitcher however it is immature! Is it normal for it to do this after making Mature pitchers?

Hey everyone,

My H. Minor has been making Mature pitchers for months now, but it did something wierd, a new pitcher formed from a mature pitcher however it is immature! Is it normal for it to do this after making Mature pitchers?

My young purp did that right before going into dormancy back in '07. It was growing mature pitchers for months, and when November rolled along it made an immature (seedling-like) pitcher.

It wasn't a big deal.... After dormancy, it began to continue growing mature pitchers and never turned back.

EDIT: Oops! I thought it was an S. minor. Sorry.... :blush:

I'm pretty sure that's normal, since it just began to put out mature pitchers.

Well Its made mature pitcher since september...

That's actually not THAT long ago. I still think it's fine. It's not declining in growth or anything, is it?

Nope its very vigorous. Getting more colorful infact.

No worries, my yet to be fully identified H. minor puts out immature and mature pitchers at the same time from different growth points.

Back