What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Yawn*... Coming out of dormancy...

Hello everyone, just wanted to share a few shots I took today. The plants are pretty much out of dormancy, so I guess that means I should come out of dormancy too... (It's been a while since I've been on TF) :-O LOL. Hope everyone here is doing well!

3354739893_968ab465ea.jpg

3354746651_032bae8d66.jpg

3355566484_058b0b742b.jpg

Another catesbaei -- recently opened.
3354744251_085e1ed393.jpg

3354743269_34c4d8e153.jpg

3354742183_9a915363db.jpg

omg what's the white/pink flower? its so pretty.

I wish I had your camera robert. Astounding shots and plants man. Damn! those are some real slick shots. I love the quality. Its just impeccable. Which camera do u use? What lenses?

Hi Robert,

Glad that you came out of dormancy as well. :) Good to see shots of your sarras (yours beat mine to flower and certainly to pitchers!) Your greenhouse looks wonderful as well!

Very impressive plants!

So....early...

Great shots too! I love the shape of catesbaeis.

Nice pictures! Your plants look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than mine. Love the S. leucophylla pitcher by the way and flower :)

Thanks everyone! Pretty crazy with all these blooms - i've been quite a busy bee lately!

Halt - the pink flower is a catesbaei flower.

Gil - LOL, yes, I'm glad I'm out of "dormancy" as well - although ... sad to say... work has been keeping me away from my plants. Most of the time I'm out enjoying them at night, by patio light! LOL!

Thanks again all -- more photos to come later :)

Your photos are always so fantastic. I must know what camera you are using..

Hey Nightsky! Its a digital slr type camera - canon xti, tamron lenses -- IMHO, not the best, but still, the gear still gets some great shots :)

Back