What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of dormancy. finally.

Well its the end of winter finally...well almost, and stuff is slowly beginning to wake up here.
Here is the two minibogs filled with Lowes Rescue plants, some of you remember it from last May.
Endofdormancy003.jpg

Endofdormancy005.jpg

the remaining VFT 'Low Giant's that i didnt trade off
Endofdormancy006.jpg

VFT 'B52' i fear i might have lost this one...doesnt look to good
Endofdormancy007.jpg

VFT 'Akai Ryu' with a leaf chilling out from last season
Endofdormancy008.jpg

lol, pink bucket full of LFS
Endofdormancy002.jpg

and my adorable Cobra's.(so glad these guys made it through dormancy)
Endofdormancy010.jpg

ive got some sarras in the house that came from some other places, already woken up...and well, i figured it a bad idea to put sarras that arent dormant out into the freezing cold(litteraly) and its finally warming up. so outdoors with them here shortly

Awesome!

-Clue

Whoa, that's an amazing color your cobra picked up.

Nice plants man. All my plants that went into dormancy perished. :(

Very nice Kris. I'm assuming you kept these in a shed or something...? My plants look a lot more "dead" than yours, and I'm in NC. lol
I guess it's because I kind of neglected them through dormancy.

And you definately didn't lose your B52, my flytraps look twice as bad as that every spring and they all live.

That's sad to hear varun. I only had them in a shed for a few weeks when we got like....4 feet of snow. But other than that, they have been outdoors all year. Snowed on rained on, hailed on...you name it hahaha

I don't know what happened. Maybe the fact that they were in a tub with snow cover that just stagnates on them for too long. Basically all the bulbs from sarrs to my beloved cobra to all the 20-30 VFTs were yellowish orange when I looked at them today. I am guessing they just rotted away.

Good to hear things are going alright for you!

Your Darlingtonia looks great! :)

Back