What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus Stratification?

This year I thought that I'd do an informal experiment with an early-blooming (by about six months) Cephalotus -- divide some seeds, sow others immediately, and stratify the rest for sixty days in the refrigerator (as some authorities advise). I have done both methods with a fair amount of success in the past; but, truth be told, I haven't bothered to collect seed in some years, but thought it would be a minor distraction from the voices in my head -- that, and the impending Fall of the West . . .

Has anyone had recent experience with this or can offer any advice for someone who hasn't done this crap in years?

Cephalotus follicularis "My Left Nut"
CFBLOOM.jpg

Last edited:
Cephalotus without Stratification?

Hello,

"and the impending Fall of the West" hahaha :-))

How result your experiment?

Rgs,

Alejandro from Argentina

The seeds that were stratified (for ninety days) will be out of refrigeration by early October; and those which were planted outright and placed under lights haven't produced anything yet. Cephalotus, as many are well aware of, take their sweet time with everything . . .

Back