What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oreophila x minor - photo montage

I thought it might be fun of focusing on the bogs in general, do a photo montage of a single cross or species. I'll start by featuring S. oreophila x minor. You may see this cultivar registered soon:

godzuki-photomontage2.jpg

Wonderful! I see that the light windows from the minor parent are not expressed in your hybrid.

That's a lot of flowers (7?). How many growth points does it have going there?

Awesome, I have this hybrid... it was pretty close to death last year after a drought; but, it appears to be coming back slowly. I expect great things next year based on your amazing looking plants!

Very cool. I can't say that I've ever seen pictures of this hybrid.

So many flowers too!

Nice stuff, reminds me of x "mardi gras". I would love to see another pic later in the season!

Wonderful! I see how the light windows from the minor parent are not expressed in your hybrid.

That's a lot of flowers (7?). How many growth points does it have going there?

It's got about 5 grow points. However the amount of flowers it put out this year was unprecedented: A dozen - and that's after I gave away a division.

Dang it, Brokken. My Sarracenia look terrible after that sudden blast of heat.

97 degrees Fahrenheit...

Are you trying to make me jealous?

Very handsome hybrid. The tentative name is a good fit.

thats peter's cross right? he has a beautiful clone pic on his webstie...the contact page i believe. very pretty!

Dang it, Brokken. My Sarracenia look terrible after that sudden blast of heat.

97 degrees Fahrenheit...

Are you trying to make me jealous?

Oh no, believe you me: There were casualties during the darned heat wave. I have no pitchers on my oreophila that aren't deformed in one way or another. And my biggest flava cuprea pitcher has burn edges all around its top. And this from plants that LOVE sunlight. :D

thats peter's cross right? he has a beautiful clone pic on his webstie...the contact page i believe. very pretty!

That's right. :) I got this plant as an 'oreophila' (the pitchers were JUST coming out. It's a very nice cross all the same and one of my faves. :)

That is a nice plant.

I'm glad that I now know that it was the heat that was doing that to my S. oreophila.

VERY VERY nice Brokken! :) I love that spray of flowers -- almost cymbidium-esque!

Back