What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus Propagation via its Flower Stalk?

i think i saw this on another forum. looking good!

how would you compare the growth rate from root or leaf cuttings?

i think i saw this on another forum. looking good!

how would you compare the growth rate from root or leaf cuttings?

Thanks . . .

I did simultaneously post the results on the CPUK site. As far as the strike and growth rate is concerned, the flower stalks are on a par with most leaf cuttings, though far slower growing than, say, rhizome divisions . . .

LOL! I should be so lucky to see a flower scape! Cutting do fairly well in live LFS.

Very nice BB, I tried the same thing with a Heli, 6 months later it was still the same as day one... no change at all, neither dead nor growing
I finally gave up and used the pot for something else LOL

BTW, Ive got that plant for you when weather permits ;)
Av

Here are a few plants that had been grown from flower stalks back in 2010. One of them has "miraculously" sent up its own flower stalk this Spring -- the earliest for any Cephalotus I have ever grown.

I donated one to the 2010 NASC auction and was wondering how that plant was doing. For the life of me, I cannot recall who won . . .

Cephalotus follicularis cv. "Hummer's Giant"
HG-2.jpg

HG2.jpg

Here are some recent shots of Cephalotus, 2010 rhizomal divisions (taken at the same time as the flower stalks above), and all set to flower within the next couple of weeks. I generally divide my larger plants every couple of years, both to make divisions and as insurance against whatever comes down the pike . . .

Cephalotus follicularis cv. "Hummer's Giant"
CF2-2.jpg

CF-4.jpg

Back