What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purpurea question

Hello.I'd like to know if the W.smithii mosquito in the S.purpurea is safe for humans.I've been looking forward to buying this sarr.Please reply!:)

The W. smithii mosquito Larvae grows in the water of the pitchers of S. purpurea. i'm not sure if the mosquito itself is particularly dangerous to humans, but there's a good chance you won't get it with your purp. mostly wild plants have this insect living in them.

One more thing.What's the difference between S.purpurea ssp.purpurea and S.purpurea ssp. venosa?

The main difference is that ssp purpurea is much more cold hardy than it's southern counterpart ssp. venosa. There are also some morphology differences like ssp purpurea is slightly smaller and ssp venosa is a little more squat. The best thing to do is look at pictures of the two.

Back