What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With weather FINALLY warmed up, and the sun out....my Sarras, Cobras, Dews, and VFTs are finally waking up and growing.....
flava var. cuprea pitcher, still waiting for the lid to fully form...just opened the other day
springFINALLY011.jpg

springFINALLY012.jpg

springFINALLY013.jpg

flava var. rugelii
springFINALLY003.jpg

springFINALLY010.jpg

Strange S. minor 'okee giant' flower, it was stunted from trying to wake up earlier in the season then getting frozen a couple times lol...stupid bi-polar washington.
springFINALLY002.jpg

Little flava var. atropurpurea pitcher coming up, this one is from Brokken...was kinda worried it wouldnt make it at first since the division was so small, and had no roots....
springFINALLY014.jpg

Community pot, not quite a bog garden or anything....All flava but the minor okee giant.
flava var. rugelii
flava var. cuprea
flava var. atropurpurea
flava var. maxima (i believe, will have to see until the pitchers from this year form, still a juvenile plant)
springFINALLY007.jpg

Darlingtonia Californica 'Mountain Variety' Did many divisions from this little plant this year....gave em all out >_<
springFINALLY006.jpg

continued in next post---

Check with Brokken, he mentioned correcting the ID on the atropurp.

S. purpurea ssp. purpurea (i believe) with last years pitchers, and some new ones coming up
springFINALLY018.jpg

Mini-bogs, primarily lowes rescue plants
springFINALLY008.jpg

springFINALLY009.jpg

Some Dionaea Low Giants, a S. leucophylla 'Hurricane Creek White' seedling, and an S. flava division....
the HCW seedlings i have, have yet to send up pitchers but the rhizome looks good and healthy....the only leucophyllas i have that have begun to send up pitchers are my Tarnoks...the others havent started yet o_O
springFINALLY016.jpg

Cute little D. intermedia, this plant flowered last season and was about to set some seed...then the flower head was bit off by something LOL
springFINALLY017.jpg

Very nice. Soon, there will be few wasps -- insect types anyway -- in your neighborhood . . .

Looking great. I don't know why, but my Sarrs are acting kind of funky right now...

Lol david, the wasps were everywhere last season....disected a couple pitchers from various species and hybrids last year....full of bees, yellow jackets, ants, spiders, earwigs.......the fun stuff. One of em had a baby tree frog lol.

Last week it sounded like the hum of high tension wires around my Sarracenia. Angry wasps in most every plant. There must be a hive in the neighborhood . . .

How deep are your community and minibog pots/containers?

Joosa it varies....lol
i need to make some of em deeper, ill do it at the end of this season, i dont want to disturb im now...
my big minibogs are about a foot deep, the soil in those icecream containers is anywhere from 6-8" deep or so. there was enough room for the roots of those sarras to go in there without hitting the bottom.

Slow to start in the north east too.

I hear ya. I have tons of unopened flower heads coming up.

Back