What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the most complex cross you've seen so far?

I only got a small division of it a couple weeks ago, it is not in its proper full-form yet, but I will see if I can get a pic from the person who sent it- the cross has only been in existence for a few years and has not been properly described or anything, but it was made by a true master and is maybe the weirdest Sarr I've ever seen. I will see if I can at least get a list of what went into making it...

I don't have permission to use this pic (tho it was taken by a friend of mine)

The 4th pic down shows the plant I'm talking about, it's pretty distinctive
http://ocps.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sarrs&action=display&thread=2777&page=2#28292

looks like an antho free wriggliana, with some purp in it... cool plant!!!

Looks like an antho free courtii to me...

What an amazing outdoor bog. Do you have some form of underwater watering system? Or do you just water through the pine needles?

Oh I WISH that was my setup- it's near my house but not in my yard darn it :D

I can tell you it is top-watered and contains some really wacky plants.
I am still waiting on response as to the parentage and will post it here. The person who claims ownership of the bog in the pics is pretty reclusive but the rare chances I've gotten to see his stuff burn images into my head permanently haha

i agree with pyro, looks like an anth-free x courtii to me. I used to have one that looked identical to that, got it from Meadowview.

Most complex hybrid I've seen is S. x "dana's delight".

Sarracenia leucophylla x ((psittacina x purpurea) x (purpurea x (flava x purpurea))

Woah! didn't know i coould keep the pine needles on all summer! I will put some on when i get home, but put less around my rubra, as it is very tiny (got it as a nursery cp, wrong conditions)

Back