What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help With Some Questions About My Cephalotus

elsantaclause

A windowsill grower
"Hey guys well I've had this ceph for a while and its been growing great but with the newest pitcher that it produced it started to get some red/purplish patterns on it with some white powderish on some parts of the pitcher. I was wondering if you could tell me what it is and if I should be worried. Thanks"

Well its been a while but the white stuff spread to different pitchers. Will it spread to my other plants? Updated Pics:
DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0495.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

Thanks

Not sure, I would contact a cp nursery and ask them about it, They may be able to give you some helpful advice on it.

elsantaclause,

It is not clear in your pics but white powdery stuff is either mealybugs or powdery mildew.

From the indistinct photos, I would suggest infestation from a pest (spider mites perhaps, judging from the "cottony" webbing) more than powdery mildew -- which is darker and sooty in appearance and poses no harm, save for in the plant's cosmetic appearance. I would immediately apply a neem oil treatment to the affected areas with a cotton swab. Garden Light Neem Oil II includes an insecticide, miticide, and fungicide for good measure and is "reasonably" safe . . .

Hey guys I have some updated pictures and problems.

Can we see any of these problems/ photos? Mine gets this on occasion, I always attributed it to Sudden Ceph Death...

i replaced the topic with updated pics so it should be up ther ^

Back