What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarrs not pitchering

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
I have a minor, after i got it, it produced two new pitchers, and now for a month a new pitcher wasn't sent up. Is this common?Plus my alata only has one pitcher, but i'm not complaining as it is 16 inches!

I would say to give it more time. Our spring was a bit late this year. I think my plants are running about a month behind normal.

k.

Yes, we've had a cool spring and things here are slow at taking off. My Minor has one big pitcher and some new ones starting up. They'll pop up as the weather warms. You'll be fine!

awgaupp: My minor also only has the two pitchers, and a flower which is producing seed currently, if the pitchers look fine (even if deformed slightly) i wouldnt worry about it, just give it time...
you might try and give it more sun and water since minor is commonly nearly submerged in its habitat especially around the Okefenokee swamp.

Back