What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Sarracenia

It is the end of June and for the most part my sarracenia are still making weak leafy like pitchers or very small pitchers. Here in Iowa it just finally got to where it is in the 80 and 90's. I have yet had a plant except for the purpera produce a good pitcher. Is this most likely not from enough sunlight. I just dont understand as I had the bog in the same place last year and it was producing nice pitchers. From what I can tell it is getting about 4.5 to 5 hrs of direct sunlight from 9:30 to about 2:30 then for rest of the day it gets some sun off and on. Or could it be we have just had a really cool spring with alot of rain and little sun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also my venus flytrap seem to be growing well in the same area. I have also sprayed for aphids so I dont believe that is the problems. I will attempt pictures however my camera is currently out of order.

Thanks

Chad

Are they getting enough water? Maybe soil pests could be interfering with the growth of the plants.

Yeah they are definitly getting enough water as it seems to rain here almost daily to everyother day.

Back