What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morning Pitcher Pictures

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
These plants are finally coming out of dormancy:

Picture041-2.jpg
S. areolata

Picture001-14.jpg
S. psitticina

Picture043.jpg
S. 'Judith Hindle'

Picture044-1.jpg
S. 'Dana's Delight'

Picture045-3.jpg
S. 'Wriggleyana'

Picture046-1.jpg
S. flava 'Coppertop'

Picture047-3.jpg
S. 'Dixie Lace'?

Picture048.jpg
S. rubra

Picture049-2.jpg
S. leucophylla 'Titan'?

Picture050-1.jpg
S. 'Dana's Delight'

Picture051-1.jpg
S. catesbei

Picture052.jpg
S. 'Scarlette Belle'

Picture002-7.jpg
S. purpurea

Picture054.jpg
S. 'Cobra's Nest'

Notes:

A few will need a clearer picture.
ID tags are fading
Most are from Jonathan Trefkorn and Bucky78

The coppertop looks more like a ladies in waiting... cool how stuff like this happens huh?

Very nice pictures! Yeah, that's not a flava coppertop. Sort of looks like it has minor in it.

I'm checking into it.

Thanks for the pics. Here is my unsolicited plant ID: your "judith hindle" is "dana's delight" and first photo of "dana's delight" is "tarnok". Your "coppertop" is probably "ladies in waiting". Woot!

Here's a picture of plants sent to me, back in 2006. That plant was labeled D. flava 'Coppertop'

IMG_4212.jpg

In there is also the disputed 'Judith Hindle'. The one labeled 'Dana's Delight' came from either Lowes or Home Depot and that was my best guess. I really can't tell the difference between those two and a couple others that look similar to them.

The judith hindle above is a dana's delight. You can tell by the pink

But isn't Judith Hindle also pink? I thought JH is more spade-shaped and DD is wider and more pointy.

Well, it depend on how deep it gets. the dana's delight only gets to about THISUnless it gets a bit darker, which rarely happens to me. the judith hindle turns a solid red like this

It looks to me that I have two sets of Judith Hindle and 2 sets of Titan,... no Dana's Delight.

The S. x 'Judith Hindle' is a S. x 'Dana's Delight'. Are you 100% sure or are you trying to guess by looks?

LOL! I'm not a 100% sure about any if these plants, beyond their genus name! All I can do is go by their looks. It's either that or call all of them "complex hybrid" or like Lowes: "Sarracenias species".

Back