What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Heliamphora Minor Flower

I've had this heliamphora minor growing in my terrarium since i think september-october of last year. It is planted in pure peat, had roots that go very deep, 9-10 inches. I fill the traps with RO water every now and again, and every so often, i feed a couple new traps a beta fish pellet. Temps are based on room temp, but the lights (2x T5HO) raise the ambient temp inside. They vary between 24-27 celcius, to room temp at night, i keep all my windows open, so there's always good air circulation. The terra has two slits on either end, to vent air in and out, 1 inch by 12 on either end. They grow alonside a plethora of other cp's that have acclimated to this setup.

DSCN3502.jpg

Sadly, my cam's batteries are dead, so this is the only pic for now. MUST FIND CHARGER!!!

here's a pic of the whole thing a couple weeks ago.

DSCN3413-1.jpg

ok, the other battery lasted long enough to take this:

DSCN3510.jpg

ENJOY!!

Good job, Bloke. :)

Pure peat? I don't think I've heard of anybody growing Heliamphora in that media.

very nice! You must be taking great care of it! It looks extremely healthy. Thanks for posting!

very beautiful plant and flower! I grow mine in almost identical conditions, Grows like crazy but no flower so far. Congrats!:)

Congratulations, bloke! Heh, I never knew Heli flowers can be white. Neat.

Back