What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on watering Sarracenia Purpurea in pitcher?

I 2nd Jimscott

IMG_1242.JPG_595.jpg

Thanks guys..

Do you think then it will die while being more green.... After all we look nice browned off but does not mean we are not heathly ;-) if we are not.... It's just I saw a chaps the other day he had loads of plants and he's was outside and much the same as mine but it was under cover..

I am happy with it being more green at least the slugs don't eat it ;-)

So do you both think it will die then even though I will put it to rest in oct...

Because to be fair NO PLANT should be indoors... however many of us do... My VFT as you rightly mentioned should be outside however I have deep red traps, they only come with a lot of sun! TRUE... and it's doing really well, so I see that it's heathly why would I need to change it if it's working as it should?

That's all, but thanks for the photo's, good to see...

Noddy

It wont die just because it is green. The pitchers though will get burnt a bit when you do set it outside but new growth will be adapted to the stronger more intense lighting conditions.

I take they die back in winter when the cold zap's them

Wayne

I take they die back in winter when the cold zap's them

Wayne

No they do not. Some pitchers may die (normal) but not all.

Back