What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ceph dividing time

Holy Cheese!!! *speechless*

Av8tor1,
Thanks for the pics.
How does the humidifier work with the hose facing down? Do you get a lot of condensation drip?
I tried to put my humidifier outside of my new grow tent but it was dripping and wasn't keeping up the humidity.
Thanks,
Zero

Ive kept the hose short and the section that runs downhill to the outlet is shorter still. However, I do get some dripping but nothing major. I only use RO water in my humidifiers so its really no big deal and I allow it to drip into one of the pots or sometimes into a drain pot.

I also have another humidiifer that I sometimes use... its the relion brand. I have a longer hose on it. When i use it I have it configured where most of the condensation runs back into the humidifier itself.

Keeping the humidity up hasnt been an issue, it is easy to keep it around 85-90% with the furthest corner of the rack easily above 65%

Many times my electronic humidity gauge will say "Over" indicating that it's over 90% RH
(gauge maximum)

(Crissy deserves the credit for this specific mod, the adapter is snug but easily removed for refilling.... and no leakage)
relion.jpg

I use to just place the humidifier under the rack... but sooner or later I would get algae growth on the humidifier. It looked bad and I'm sure it didnt do much for humidifer life

HTH's
Butch

Very very nice Av!! It looks so professional compared to my set up! I guess my crappy instructions made sense after all :).

That is the humidifier I use. It's in the grow tent now but I want to set it up like yours.
Any details on what the parts are and where to get them?
Thanks,
Zero

Fantastic B....even I haven't seen some of those pics. Very nice setup. :) Can't wait to see your new grow rack in operation mate. I am sure it should be a significant upgrade. You better get on the horse for those new pots mate. ;D :D Nothing better than completing a setup with total professional look to it.

Adam,

I dug around and found the information, all parts came from Lowe's

parts

1 of Universal hose kit Item #: 189255

1 of 2" x1.5" Flexible PVC Drain and trap connector

1 of 2" x 1.5" Schedule 40 adapter (Lowe's catalog number on my receipt is 137434 @$1.43)

(I couldnt find the adapter on their webpage ??? )

The threaded side of the 137434 adapter fits the humidifier tank (nice and snug but can be removed easily for refilling). The flexible drain connector slides over it and then one of the hose kit adapters is placed into the outlet of the drain connector.

Its a nice looking, leak-free assembly.

V, you know me.... I dont get in any hurry :p

HTH's
Av

I will post pics of my setup sometime soon.

Back