What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus follicularis

Got one "Cephalotus follicularis" for 1 month or so now. Now the pitchers are starting to open up :) Got some questions should I fill the pitchers with 30% water in them or they are doing that themselfs ? And what can I feed it with to get a nice grow on it ?

Added some pics off it might be good to know iff u guys think it looks healthy and such ?

If the plant is healthy the pitchers should have fluid in them even before they open. Carefully shine a bright flashlight through the pitchers and you should be able to make out the fluid levels.

Your plant looks reasonably healthy to me.

How are you growing it (watering, temperatures, hours of light per day etc.)? Where do you live? Answers to these questions will help us in giving you tips.

As for feeding see some of the other topics being discussed even as we speak.

Ok I see nice with the flashlight tip for water level :) Its under 16 hours artificial lights and my lightning system is getting bigg uppgraded in some days for get better colour i hope on my plants :) temps are around 25-29 C. and Im watering it with rain water in a tray.

I did watch the water level with a flashlight and dang its almost full to topp would say about 80% water in the pitcher or fluid.. good time to start feed it then ?

Sure, if the lids are open for business you can certainly feed them if you wish. Ants I recall are their staple food in the wild. In absence of fish food you can feed them ants. Tweezers will help.

Back