What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
I have a Cephalotus growing on my windowsill, but it's not the healthiest right now. I can't feed it any bugs because it only has a few immature pitchers and non-carnivorous leaves.

I would like to apply some fertilizer to the Cephalotus. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, how often do I fertilize? Like once a week or something?

Btw, what's a good fertilizer that works for a wide variety of carnivorous plants. I saw something about Epiphyte's Delight, but I would have to order that online and it costs like $25 (shipping and handling included). Are there any other fertilizers that I can pick up at my local Lowes? What about an orchid fertilizer like BETTER-GRO Orchid Bloom Booster?

Wolfn,

IMHO Fertilising won't help a weak plant if other basic conditions are not met. I only fertilise when the plants are in active growth.

the best fertilisers for cps are anything liveing that can fit in its traps

the best fertilisers for cps are anything liveing that can fit in its traps

In the original post, I said that my plant is producing immature pitchers and isn't able to eat anything.

I would recommend 1/4 strength 30:10:10 orchid fertilizer applied as a foliar feed every two weeks during the growing season -- with a bit in the compost itself. Too much simply encourages algal growth . . .

I've been using orchid gro 20-14-13 for the last 8 months or so on my cephs. They are growing great, and I certainly haven't noticed any ill side effects. I apply as instructed by big bella. I will second not bothering until the plant is healthy.

Back