What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Showing signs of life (part 3)

Now that we're edging our way to the end of summer, I thought I'd toss up a few more pics before it was too late.

This is a follow-up to my previous post "Part 2" (also with pics so you can see progress).

0820091334.jpg

2 Royal Reds and 1 Red Dragons (I can't tell which is which anymore but I think the one in the front of the pic is the red dragon). Two of them divided this year.

<hr>
0820091334a.jpg

3-year old low giant. Traps about 3/4 the size of a dime.

<hr>
0820091335.jpg

Assorted Typicals. Most of them divided so it's really crowded in that pot this year.

The one at the 7 o'clock position I can't identify, but it always grows low to the ground and has fairly large traps. Rarely colors red.

<hr>
0820091335b.jpg

Second pot of assorted typicals. Several divided in this pot as well.

<hr>
0820091336a.jpg

Dentate.

<hr>
0820091337.jpg

0820091431a.jpg

Purpurea ssp Venosa.

<hr>
0820091337a.jpg

0820091338.jpg

0820091432.jpg

Sarracenia Dana's Delight. Divided into two plants this year.

<hr>
0820091338a.jpg

0820091339.jpg

0820091431b.jpg

Sarracenia x Catesbaei. Divided into two plants this year.

Umm, that S x 'Dana's Delight' is actually 'Judith Hindle'.

Very nice, gotta love S. purpurea subsp. venosa. :)

Umm, that S x 'Dana's Delight' is actually 'Judith Hindle'.

Very nice, gotta love S. purpurea subsp. venosa. :)

That would be very surprising to hear - I got it from Andy when I ordered a Dana's Delight.

Although Dana's Delight and Judith Hindle look almost identical when I Google-Images each. What's are the discerning traits?

Pink is the color of S. x 'Dana's Delight'. That saturated purple color is what S. x 'Judith Hindle' has. :)

Pink is the color of S. x 'Dana's Delight'. That saturated purple color is what S. x 'Judith Hindle' has.

I learn so much on this forum. ;)

...I could've sworn I posted here...

Anyway, very nice plants. :D And yes, the S. x 'Dana's Delight' is really S. x 'Judith Hindle'.

Edit: OH. You accidentally made two of the same thread.

Merged the threads for ya.

Back