What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A visit to Phil's place!

• Thread starter rco911
  • Start date
Hey All,

I had the chance to visit Phil a couple months back - as always, it's AMAZING stuff! I just wanted to share a few shots with everyone. Enjoy! (And Phil, thanks again for letting me stop by :-O)

Without further adieu-- :-O

3844005317_4f13bb7f7f.jpg

3844004593_34afd7345b.jpg

3844793486_2ccfbc99b1.jpg

3844797178_7f6cc327b7.jpg

3844008269_2c5294a026.jpg

3844008723_b70f7c2076.jpg

3844009091_86c7558c19.jpg

3844005819_a02460d0dc.jpg

3844794234_870efaa5b3.jpg

Oh my im speechless, Phil just wow....that Sarracenia 'Saurus' is outstandingly gorgeous, rco what makes up this plants parents if might ask? or if phil is chiming in somewhere, enlighten me PLEASE, the leuco purple lips hybrids are outstanding as well, and of course the leah wilkerson makes me drool.

I know - insane isn't it?!
I do believe it is S. leucophylla "Purple Lips" x flava var. ornata. ( Same parents as the next photo - Phil, if you're out there correct me if I am wrong, I *think* you mentioned it was out of the same grex?) Love that plant! The nectar roll reminds me somewhat of his S. 'Reptilian Rose' - but "Saurus" isn't as angular - and I love the color of it. Sinister... ;)

Fantastic pictures of fantastic sarrs. Thanks for posting, all are amazing.

"Ah, Leah".

A true Sarracenia expert. Congratulations on your success!

Glad you all like.

Rob, you are correct that the first two pics are plants from the same grex. That cross produced some remarkable variability. Just so folks know...Rob came up with the name "Saurus" for that particular clone and I do plan to have it registered at some point with him getting the credit. We have a few more secrets up our sleeves...eh dude?

It's funny...Rob's photographic skills are really superb and when I need him to take pics I just call him and tell him I have some 'junk' I want him to photograph, LOL! He now understands what I mean when I say that.

I want that Saurus. It looks like nepenthes peristome <3

Holy crap, those Sarracenias are OUTSTANDING.

My favorites are the S. "Saurus", S. 'Alucard' - "Prince of Darkness", and S. 'Black Widow'.

philcula said:
Just so folks know...Rob came up with the name "Saurus" for that particular clone and I do plan to have it registered at some point with him getting the credit. We have a few more secrets up our sleeves...eh dude?

It was last year when I was jokingly quipped "Dude - That looks like a ... Sarracenia-Saurus!" It's one awesome plant!

It's funny...Rob's photographic skills are really superb and when I need him to take pics I just call him and tell him I have some 'junk' I want him to photograph, LOL! He now understands what I mean when I say that.

Thanks man, you know, I don't do very much. I just press the button. HAHA! LOL :-))

And that royal stash -- ugh. man. Insane. All will be revealed in due time ;)

Thanks again Phil! Good times bro.

is the alucard prince a darkness a clone that's darker than the others?

is the alucard prince a darkness a clone that's darker than the others?

It is a clone that is darker and about 2x largerin girth than the described grex. It is large enough to fit your hand into on it's most mature growths.

i bet i could fit my whole arm in, being twelve and all,

Wow, I've never seen a lip like the one on "sarus" before.

Wow, those are the nicest sarrs I've ever seen!

Back