What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia surprise

These have come up in an outside mini bog here in SE Ky. They have even come up against the side of the minibog... against the black plastic.
This would seem to be the hottest spot possible.

These are an unexpected surprise... I just noticed them this week :0o:
darlingtonia.jpg

Av

Cool. Darlingtonia are hardier than most people think.

On another note, mine didn't stand up to the frequent attacks by squirrels, jays, and finally cats. :(

Baby Cobras. So cute before they become demonic little plants aren't they?

Cool. Darlingtonia are hardier than most people think.

I second that - I let a couple of my seed-grown plants totally dry out, to the point of turning brown-white and papery, and they both came back after I put them in water up to their crowns. And to think, I almost threw the pot out when I first noticed!
~Joe

These have come up in an outside mini bog here in SE Ky. They have even come up against the side of the minibog... against the black plastic.
This would seem to be the hottest spot possible.

These are an unexpected surprise... I just noticed them this week :0o:

Av

I have seen Darlingtonia grown in direct sun in Austin, Texas, during summers with weeks of triple digit temperatures; and they look just fine. So too in Northern California, in the field . . .

A very nice find indeed! I struggled with the Lowes cube of death plants but the current colony came from somebody on the West Coast and that plant has divided, flowered, and withstood summer days in the low 90's, without visible signs of stress. Go figure.

Back