What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Sarrs (pics)

• Thread starter Kayota
  • Start date
My sarrs are doing great...

Dana's Delight
IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

S. leuco
IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

^the above is the first pitcher I've gotten all year from this plant... quite disappointing. It's only ever grown 1 pitcher a year in the two years I've had it... maybe it will do better next year.

Nice S. x 'Dana's Delight'. :) Hopefully the S. leuco will grow fine next year.

Hmm, that's very weird for S. leucophylla (at least my opinion, my S. leucophylla is very vigorous)...is it getting enough light?

it's getting the same amount of light as my Dana's Delight is. Maybe even more - I think at certain times in the day the Dana's Delight is partly in the shade. I got the leuco free because it wasn't growing pitchers and nobody would buy it, the guy just wanted it gone. That was spring of last year...

Very nice plants!

I don't find that too unusual for S. leuco; every one I've owned always looks its best in late summer and fall. One of the varieties I have barely makes any pitchers until around this time, much like yours.
As long as it's growing, I don't think it's anything worth getting too upset over.

Good looking stuff! You might get some spring pitchers out of it if you give it a mild winter and hold off on transplanting.

^I haven't transplanted the leuco since I bought it. I keep it in the garage over winter... I'd say that's mild enough... unless I'm wrong?

Nice plants! I'm not a big fan of 'Dana's Delight' (as I am more of a 'Judith Hindle' person), but yours is very nice.

Good luck with your leuco and thanks for sahring!

They are indeed looking fine!

Back