What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some sarracenia pics

Sunny fall is definitely the best time for sarrs:)

S.purpurea ssp. venosa
DSCF0028.jpg

S.psittacina
DSCF00092.jpg

S.leucophylla hybrid
DSCF0035.jpg

S.x Mitcheliana
DSCF0001-1.jpg

DSCF0001-2.jpg

looks great!

Awesome! Very nice.

very ncie plants!

I like the mound of S. psittacina. :D

Nice Sunny Pics! The sun finally came out here today after a few cloudy days. :boogie:

I second Clue, I really like the S. psittacina clump.

Wao~ They are so beautiful. Excellent.

WOW!

Those are awesome! What's the mixture of potting medium that you are using?

Thanx for the nice comments everybody!
Elforest: For substrate I am using peat/silica sand (70/30) for S. psittacina and white lithuanian peat/perlite (60/40) for other species. I only grow these beacuse I specialize on drosera genus. If I had more space for my collection I would get into Sarracenia more, they are beutiful when they colour up. I think the most important for the substrat is very good drainage , especially in the fall when the weather is cooler. It prevemts the root rot in case of overwatering.(I use pebbles and coarse river sand).

LOL! How many psitts are there?

Jim, I really have no idea, my guess is approximately too many:)

I am back with november pictures. We havent had much sun lately and the weather became clumsy and cold. We had several nights with 25F temps, but sarracenia still grows and looks very pretty. They are really tough this year!:) Pictures taken today.
DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

Nice plants! My cousin used to say "its sweaty out here" when the weather was hot. I love "clumsy" to describe November!

Back