What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Mouthed Sarracenia

Here's a picture of the big mouthed sarracenia that I spoke about a few weeks back. The ratio of pitcher opening to height is about 1:2 in the most extreme examples - such as this one:

10-17-2009-bigmouth.jpg

Wow that is neat looking Brokken! Is that typical of this plant or is this a one time trap (looks like the latter from the picture)? Also what Sarr did this occur on?

Brokken - that's AWESOME!!! I'm curious to know the parentage? Thanks for sharing!

I guess it was really hungry, haha.

I am sure that this contains leucophylla and purpurea, for one.

Amazing little freak. ;)

Yeww... now theres a sarr I don't like to muck, looks like you put it under a steam roller...

Hey looks like it's trying to be a nep.

Yann: Though that's the most extreme example, I would say that the majority of other pitchers are far from typical:

10-18-2009-bigmouth2.jpg

Robert: I can venture some guesses as to what's in there, but it is a total unknown from Peter's nursery. Whatever it is it's exact parentage records have been lost.

Back