What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I noticed something interesting today on my flavas. I always thought the only species to send a flower and pitchers up at the same time is Sarracenia oreophila, yet my flava (granted, it has multiple mature growth points) is currently sending up 2 flowers and 1 pitcher. Has anyone else had this experience?

it's still snowing here in mississippi too, with temps in the low 20s at night. This weather is so weird! We usually don't have winters this harsh.
DSCN2384.jpg

DSCN2380.jpg

I noticed something interesting today on my flavas. I always thought the only species to send a flower and pitchers up at the same time is Sarracenia oreophila, yet my flava (granted, it has multiple mature growth points) is currently sending up 2 flowers and 1 pitcher. Has anyone else had this experience?

All the time BG. Along with Alatas and a lot of my hybrids.

My S. minor, last Spring:

CP2008-117.jpg

CP2008-122.jpg

Scot

My S. minor, last Spring:

CP2008-117.jpg

CP2008-122.jpg

Scot

Fred and Scot -

I guess ya can't lump all the plants into one assumption huh :) That is a nice looking pot of minors. I can't wait for my okefenokeensis to wake up! I have a clump of 3. I'll post some pics on progress in a few days. Hopefully by then I can get a shot of my flava sending up the flower and pitcher.

Phil

Back