What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I buy another Cephalotus?

I was reading on Sarracenia Northwest's Ceph care guide that cephs actually like to be grown in african violet pots. Anyone ever tried that? I'd think that the pot wouldn't give them enough water, but who knows?

Not enough air movement, i wouldnt think.
The inner pot is unglazed, and sits in another glazed outside pot which you keep full . Would probably cause rot , I haven't been able to even keep an african violet in one of these.
I do flush all may cps. every week or so without the trays as to keep them somewhat fresh. so far so good never had an fungal or mold infestation.

I like the idea of the african violet pots but I share Jimmy's reservations. Maybe a similar setup could be achieved with one of those perforated terra cotta pots for orchids as the inner pot.
swords, you have a succulent that turns into candy? This is revolutionary.
~Joe

The new Cephalotus arrived a few hours ago. It was already uprooted from it's pot when it arrived, so I planted it in a new and larger pot with fresh soil (2 parts perlite, one part sand, one part peat).

However, I just got a new camera so I'm trying to see how I can take High Quality close-up pictures of the plant.

Back