What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

heliamphora

• Thread starter uphwiz
  • Start date

uphwiz

jimmy
my tequila is growing very well. and have thought of trying to separate a new growth point and give it its own pot , any one have any advise,:blush: that their willing to share?
this growth is completely outside the mass of several other growths, im thinking it would be easily separate.
Any one have pics of the roots of an un potted heli.

ive had a Heli tequila division with no roots do fine and grow roots. unfortunatly it died over the last summer when a neighbor was watering my plants.

Heli Repot

Jimmy,

The Tequila you bought from me in November looks fantastic!!! Thanks for taking such good care of it!!! It looks like you may have as many as (4) new growth points. Follow Av8tor1's directions and you should have no problems. I suggest placing the babies in the same size 3.5 x 5" pots. When it comes to the Mother plant, the bigger the better. I have its Mother plant in a 6 x 7" pot and its growing great.

Good Job!
ccgpro

From my experience, do the transfer quickly, and after repotted, fill the pitchers up with some RO water, it will assist them in remaining hydrated. Sadly, I think I took too much time to transfer mine, and most have taken a hit. Learn from my mistake :D

Jimmy,

Follow Av8tor1's directions and you should have no problems. I suggest placing the babies in the same size 3.5 x 5" pots. When it comes to the Mother plant, the bigger the better

Good Job!
ccgpro

where are you finding the 3.5 x 5 " pots ,the best ive found is 3.5 x 4 " and clear, they are nice pots, with the bottom almost completely open for drainage i'll add a pic this evening to see what everyone here thinks , use them or find deeper pots?

think these would work , my minors are in them for now they are fairly small, one of them just started its first adult pitcher, they are 4" tall 3.5 x3.5 squares.
IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG

sorry double post

fwiw i think the plastic clear pots are much better than the solid plastic pots, esp if you plan on using live sphag in your media. allowing light in allows the sphagnum that would otherwise have no access to light to continue growing preventing the media from breaking down. i am currently using clear plastic pots for my neps, heli, and utrics and for the most part, i think they are loving it!

however....if you happen to find a clear pot that is deep as well, let me know! that'd be like the best of both worlds!

Amphirion,
Instead of a clear plastic pot how about making a pot out of a clear food container. At any grocery that has a deli counter you could get a tall 5 inch clear plastic food container with a lid. Probably have to buy something. You can easily punch a few holes around the base of the "pot" and there you have it!
You may also check out a local Smart & Final and see if they carry anything you could adapt. I've gotten some nice quart styrafoam cups that make great inexpensive pots.
http://www.smartandfinal.com/index.aspx

Here's a young plant I got from Aviator, a few months ago. Still green, but putting out new leaves:

Picture039-1.jpg

Back