What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well with many people now in the swing of full growth, those of us in the northwest are just coming into flowering
so far my count is only 4....
2x Leah Wilkerson
1x oreophila green x leucophylla white
1x purpurea ssp purpurea

apr2010-bogs001.jpg

apr2010-bogs002.jpg

Brokken, out of curiousity where do you get those stakes to hold up your plants?

Brokken, out of curiousity where do you get those stakes to hold up your plants?

At Orchard Supply, Home Depot or Lowes. All three carry them.

And... here's some more sarra flowers:

apr2010-flower020.jpg

apr2010-flower021.jpg

apr2010-flower022.jpg

apr2010-flower023.jpg

apr2010-flower024.jpg

apr2010-flower025.jpg

apr2010-flower026.jpg

That's about it for my flowers. It's all downhill for the flowers from here on in and pitchers will be the main crop from now.

We've had awesome weather here in the upper midwest lately and it looks to continue for at least awhile, hopefully till late fall. Things have really woken up in the past week. Things look to be at least 3-4 weeks ahead of where they were last year at this time. Here's what I saw this afternoon, most are just beginning to emerge, a few are about 2 inches tall:
1 x 'judith hindle'
3 x readii x (catesbaei x flava)
3 x catesbaei giant
1 x 'ladies in waiting'
1 x purpurea x jonesii - antho-free
4 x 'lady bug'
2 x (rubra x oreophila) x purp purp
3 x unknown green hybrid flava x catesbaei?
2 x 'red blush'
2 x (oreophila 'Sand mtn' x flava) x leucophylla
1 x 'june bug'

unfortunately, i will be out of the country may 4-15, which is when these dang things will probably be in bloom. i was really hoping to do a bunch of crosses this year. hopefully mother nature cooperates, or i'll have another cohort of open-pollinated stuff, which ain't that bad i guess.

I feel kinda.... dirty!

I've been pollinating.

012-2.jpg

Many, many more to go!

Can any one PM about how to resize a picture please? Sorry about this, but I had submitted the pictures when I noticed they were way too big and now I can't delete this message. Thank You

Last edited:
My rubra bent over, i hope it's because of the flower weight, not flower death

Can any one PM about how to resize a picture please? Sorry about this, but I had submitted the pictures when I noticed they were way too big and now I can't delete this message. Thank You

I use a host, Photobucket. I can re-size through them. If you are using hosted pictures, do it there, and it should re-size them here, too. (That's the short answer ;))

If they are uploaded via TF, go back and edit the post, remove them, make a new post with smaller pictures.

Update:

6 - rubra ssp jonesii
1 - leucophylla 'antho free'
1 - flava artropurpurea
1 - purpurea venosa
1 - NOID

I think I will have a few more, it is still early here. I had a few show up just this week.

Time to add another to my list!

S. oreophila 'Heavy Veined'

so that makes the list now at...

2x 'Leah Wilkerson'
1x purpurea venosa
1x oreophila 'green' x leucophylla 'white'
1x oreophila 'Heavy Veined'

Out of nowhere, a S. rubra flower popped up sometime between the day before yesterday and today....already a couple inches tall, didnt expect that to be flowering this year...lol

Here are some recent shots from me. Weather-wise, things were coming along perfectly, and now we have horrible wind again...

I want to comment only on this picture. It looks like a snail is peeking from under the soil, no??

P4090001.jpg

P4140004.jpg

P4170022.jpg

P4110007.jpg

P4170021.jpg

P4110032.jpg

P4180057.jpg

P4170027.jpg

P4180052.jpg

P4200003.jpg

Plants had a tough time over winter, so only a few flowers so far:

• 2x flava var. rubricorpora
• 1x leuco
• 1x purpurea ssp. venosa
• 1x alava x purpurea
• 1x rubra ssp. jonesii
• 1x oreophila
• 3x alata red lid
• 1x leuco x rubra ssp. alabamensis

flava
IMG_2997.JPG

Moorei with slight mutation
IMG_2995.JPG

'Red Sumatra'
IMG_2999.JPG

'Leah Wilkerson'
2010-04-12+17.52.44.jpg

Looking very nice Yann! And though you guys get a late start, your pitchers seem to enjoy more longevity. Probably since your sun is not the same dry them to a crisp type that we get around here!

Finally things are getting down to business....

More flowers finally blooming.....

S. x "Black and Red":

P4220005.jpg

Pollination success??

P5030033.jpg

S. flava var. ornata:

P4300025.jpg

S. wrigleyana:

P5030006.jpg

S. purpurea ssp. venosa:

P5030015.jpg

S. 'Judith Hindle':

P5070046.jpg

First pitchers of the season are also finally developing....

S. moorei:

P5070034.jpg

S. flava var. ornata:

P5070037.jpg

S. leucophylla 'Tarnok':

P5070051.jpg

S. catesbaei. I got this one from Andrew a year ago:

P5070042.jpg

Group shot:

P5020083.jpg

Nice Joel! Looks like your Judith Hindle finally caught up to the rest of the pack and sent out some flowers! Nothing from mine, maybe next year. Nice collection.

Nice Joel! Looks like your Judith Hindle finally caught up to the rest of the pack and sent out some flowers! Nothing from mine, maybe next year. Nice collection.

Thanks. Yeah, the Judith Hindles sent up a total of 5 flowers. They produce copious amounts of pollen. :D

Back