What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

None of my flowers have opened yet, but they are looking promising. Yesterday I got a huge Catesbaei

Nothing open here in Colorado yet either but several plants are on their way to blooming:

rubra.jpg

Sarr. rubra sp rubra

tarnook.jpg

Sarr. lueco. Tarnok

purp-1.jpg

Sarr. purpurea

Will post again when the flowers upen in a couple of weeks.

Hey Yann,

How's this for a slight mutation? :)

may2010-doubleflower001.jpg

Hey Yann,

How's this for a slight mutation? :)

I thought I saw a double flower on your ICPS thread! Nice! Now the question is are both fertile?
Only mutation I had this year was 4 stigmas on a flower rather than the usual 5.

Last edited:
cool find brokken!!

My Alata X Leuco Looks like it will be first!

Finally getting some open pitchers and colors while the blooms slowly fade away...

IMG_3024.JPG

IMG_3023.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG

IMG_3020.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3018.JPG

IMG_3019.JPG

Awesome plants, Yann! Hey... whatever happened to the Atropurpurea I sent you?

Awesome plants, Yann! Hey... whatever happened to the Atropurpurea I sent you?

I still have it :) It threw out a nice pitcher but a cat's tail snapped the top of it before it even got to open. It should do well this year since it stalled last year...I'll snap a pic when it opens up a pitcher.

Mine has colored up nicely and it's the truest atro I have so far.

That's makes me even more envious to see it in action! I lost a couple flowers as well to the cats tails but who am I to tell you this with your puppy adventures :)

The fence has helped. :) Only a few casualties this year - the most notable was what last year I called "Big Mouth" because of the large opening to height ratio. This year, the pitchers have grown considerably taller - which would make it not as impressive as last year - but just prior to the first pitcher opening.... WEED WACKED by tail. I would think that in the case of a cat, they might bend them and cause them to fold and flop over. I didn't think they were strong enough to wack them off.

Sorry to ressurrect an old thread, but mine are finally blooming! Except my Oreo, which died, so now I need a new one.
1(Oreo 'Sand Mountain' X Flava) x Leucophylla
1Alabamensis X Oreophila
1(Already Bloomed) Lady Bug
1(Already Bloomed)Areolata
Pics to come!

Back