What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the rabbit died? (heli pollination)

The flower on the far right was not pollinated (control), the other two were. Of those two , the middle was pollinated first

I should have documented better but guessing 4 weeks on the center flower, two weeks on the left

Still early I guess, but.... :)

tatei_ovary.jpg

The middle flower was pollinated using the pollen from the one of the right. The left was pollinated with a mixture of pollen from both the right and center flowers (just to increase my odds)

thoughts?

Congrats. The two on the left definately look like they will produce some seed.

Yess congrats Av, they look very promising. Who are the parents?

One parent :)
H. tatei var. tatei (Cerro Duida)

Don't count your chickens before they hatch ;)

I've seen the pods swell up on Sarracenia and Drosera and after drying them out and cracking them open to find a whole lot of nothing.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch ;)

I've seen the pods swell up on Sarracenia and Drosera and after drying them out and cracking them open to find a whole lot of nothing.

yeppers, I know

ummm who does heli ultrasound ;P

Av8or1, I must say, you are the best!:hail:
I might try to cross my pulchella with my tequila if I get the chance.
The pulchella is running a little behind the tequlia.
JMatt

mine too , my tequila is maybe about a week away from opening the first flower.... the pulchella, maybe 1.5-2 weeks

thanks jeff, dunno bout that but I am truly honored :)

a miniature hairy tequila would be so cool woohoo
Butch

Update:

The two I suspect are with child errr children ;) :
1weeka.jpg

Side by side comparison pic, same flower... one week later
1week.jpg

Av

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

mine too , my tequila is maybe about a week away from opening the first flower.... the pulchella, maybe 1.5-2 weeks

oops spoke too soon, the pulchella found another gear...
pulcella_flower_2_2010.jpg

Congratulations!

I was out of town for the last Heliamphora blooms but am hoping that the "naughty bits" of my Heliamphora pulchella and H. heterodoxa x ionasii are ready for action . . .

David, Thanks...

David and/or Jeff
Let me know about your H. pulchella and Ill swap ya out some pollen if interested
(my clone is an EP Akopan that was imported a couple years ago)

Butch

It definitely looks like the pollination was successful! Well done Butch. I hope that you get some seed!

Thanks Matt,

Im hoping so... :)
B

Back