What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm kicking myself right now

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
I couldn't help myself. I transplanted my Cephalotus. It is growing really well, but I had a bunch of other carnivorous plants in the pot and I thought it was starting to look a little sloppy, so I planted the other CPs into different pots and repotted my Cephalotus back into the soil.

Please don't be mad at me, Mr Cephalotus.

Why would he be mad?

Cephalotus hates to be disturbed. Especially since I repotted it when it arrived last month. Being uprooted twice in about a little more than a month isn't really healthy to any plant.

nah. i wouldnt fret too much about it. it's relatively small, so the likelihood of it freaking out doesnt seem that high. you'll be fine. :)

I've had cephs shipped to me bare root several times.

Even with plenty of thrashing they can still survive. Unless of course you brutally manhandled it while repotting.

If you thought you would have such problems, why do it in the first place?

Just let your plants grow. Don't worry about what the surroundings look like until you can nail actually growing the plant.

Wolfn said:
It is growing really well...
aint_broke_bear_postcard-p239718736633225162qibm_400.jpg

...don't fix it.

Couldn't you just use a spoon to dig out the rootball of the other plants and leave the Ceph alone entirely? Cephs aren't that fussy, either, so Mr. Ceph shouldn't be too angry.

Back