What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia oreophila Laws

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I know that Sarracenia oreophila has laws that it can not be sold across state lines.

It can be gifted across state lines as long as no money even for postage is exchanged.

I'm guessing, I hope someone can help clarify this for me, I could place on my website; spend X$ and receive a free bonus gift of a Sarracenia oreophila? Or, I sometime sell plants on ebay and have the listing state "plant x + Bonus". In the description say they will receive a free bonus Sarracenia oreophila plant, or just leave it as a free Sarracenia plant not listing the actual species?

I re-potted my main plant, and have a lot of left over divisions. I hate to just throw the plant away, but I'm not going to spend shipping to ship them out to people.

Any input much appreciated.

Soreo.jpg

Interstate commerce is restricted by the Endangered Species Act. It is enforced by the US Fish and Wildlife. I would read the Endangered Species Act or try to get in touch with US Fish and Wildlife. Your idea is definitely a gray area.

Nice plants!

Back