What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S x umlauftiana

• Thread starter Brokken
  • Start date
Here's a picture of my first pitcher from this beauty:

apr2010-sumlauftiana.jpg

Very nice pitcher Brokken. The coloring reminds me a bit of an Adrian Slack hood. That whitish rim. I've not a big fan of psitaccina hybrids but this one looks promising!
Mine are still a ways from throwing out some pitchers but that's why I've got the indoor stock to give me a quick fix!

Ooh, I just bought one this winter...from a place that sent me a dead Ladies in Waiting, so I really REALLY hope this guy didn't die too because it's just gorgeous! Doesn't look like mine is *quite* waking up yet.

wowie mowie wow wow:drool:

Ooh, I just bought one this winter...from a place that sent me a dead Ladies in Waiting, so I really REALLY hope this guy didn't die too because it's just gorgeous! Doesn't look like mine is *quite* waking up yet.

We aren't thinking of same place, are we?
I got a dead leucophylla "green" X oreophila— wasn't too happy.

And Brokken— That is a simply gorgeous plant!

Nice coloration on that one! :-O

Here's a picture of my first pitcher from this beauty:

Nice plant Brokken. Mine has two pitchers just about to open. Once they open and mature a little, I'll post a photo here and we can compare notes. Did yours flower this year?

No flowers, but it's making a tiny new growpoint.

So you're enjoying it, I see. Is Umlauftiana a fast grower?

It's hard to tell. I've not even had it a year. It's doing fine and growing at about the same rate as most other sarras. It doesn't appear depressed or slow.

No flowers, but it's making a tiny new growpoint.

Mine has one flower that's just about to open. I'll take a pic of that too when it opens.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

So you're enjoying it, I see. Is Umlauftiana a fast grower?

I agree with Brokken. It doesn't seem to be slow at all. This is my second growing season with it and it already has 4 crowns (all from last year so far).

It gives me a illusional view when I first looked at it.. I saw the back of the lid.. but then I look closer it was front view XD Oh nose my eyes are going....

Nice colour indeed

Here is a photo of the single flower on my plant. It’s actually a nice looking flower (shape and color).
1002635639x850.jpg

No flowers from mine but it's just as well. I would take the pitchers over the flowers any day - though certainly it would make good stock for a nice cross. :)

As promised, here is my umlauftiana. Had to let the pitchers mature a little.
1002700850x639.jpg

"Gor—geous!" *spoken in a generic valley girl tone*

Seriously though, great plants there! ;)

That's gorgeous, Fred. I find this plant to be as much a looker as Adrian Slack, IMHO.

Back