What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most expensive Cephalotus

ps.
Never repot a healthy looking ceph.
Good advice. I'm sure many a Cephalotus have been killed by unnecessary repotting. I certainly wouldn't attempt it on a £1,220GBP plant :nono:

Oh pish posh, I repotted a perfectly healthy looking ceph hummer's giant that had all immature pitchers except for one mature looking pitcher on it last year: it lost a few pitchers to drying/shriveling up because I literally washed it clean (it got a violent bath) when removing from its old material, but now it's putting out its first adult pitcher for me after winter.

Good advice. I'm sure many a Cephalotus have been killed by unnecessary repotting. I certainly wouldn't attempt it on a £1,220GBP plant :nono:
I was referring to repotting a healthy Cephalotus when there is no need to, e.g. it has not outgrown its existing pot. I have read quite few post where people have repotted newly acquired Cephalotus because they don't like the look of the media it is in - despite the fact that it is growing fine in it - why would you risk it?

Good point, mobile! Same goes for any cp specie.
That price makes me worry a bit. Not a good thing for the hobby. If the seller is who i think he is then good for him...he is giving away free plants all the time so why not get something back once in a while?! Anyway, i think the 2 bidders looked at the first photo and believed that that one is the plant they fighting for.

If the seller is who i think he is then good for him...he is giving away free plants all the time so why not get something back once in a while?!
He is a good bloke and I have received a few plants from him at very reasonable prices and they are always in good condition.

Anyway, i think the 2 bidders looked at the first photo and believed that that one is the plant they fighting for.
I suspect this too... either that or the possible 'Eden Black' connection.

Back