What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my current favorites

the pokey bit tops out at 1.25 inches :0o:
406-1.jpg

this one's pitchers always have a big dent in the front and back, it distorts the throat
408-4.jpg

handsome undulating, splotch with venation in the throat
437-1.jpg

big ole wavy lid
438-6.jpg

dumpy proportions, I just like the way it looks like it could be a frog home
440-2.jpg

always my fav cuprea, my other clones are bronze or brown
IMG_0206.jpg

big ole badness rugelii makes leaves all summer
IMG_0290.jpg

I had a couple of these but I lost track of all but one :(. it tops out at 16 inches in height, flava x rubra
IMG_0367.jpg

Rugelli has always been my favorite. Beautiful plants!

Those are amazing pictures. I like the flava x rubra

Beautiful! Mine are still waking up in California . . .

That's a stunning popei.

My S. flava was having the best year's pitchers ever until the winds came up a couple days ago. Now it's pitchers laying on the side and torn broken tops. :(

The joys of growing outdoors.

Love that first one.

I can see why....

Awesome shots! That tendril-like growth sure is something!

Thanks for sharing.

Very interesting! Is the tendril on all the pitchers of this plant?

Thanks for the kind words!

Ron, all the pitchers have tendrils. They vary from .25 to 1.25 inches. I'm not sure how common this is because I haven't made it out to the field to see var. flava yet. I'll try to go down there in a couple weeks, its only 4 hrs away for me!

Great pics Josh and beautiful plants!

This is why flava is one of my favorite Sarrs! I got some from Josh, but I'm not sure if any of mine are the same clones as these.

Most flavas have "tendrils"... I will have to see if mine show any tomorrow.

There not as substantial as yours but I've been noticing that my S. flava "ornata" Wilkerson's Bog have those tendrils. This plant isn't that old so it may develop longer tendrils in the future. Thats a super cool clone you have.

Here's a couple with tendrils. All of the pitcher have em atleast little ones.
PitcheroftheMonth115.jpg

Sarraceniaofthemonth010.jpg

Sarraceniaofthemonth009.jpg

Sarraceniaofthemonth007.jpg

Looks like you have an impressive assortment of plants!

Thanks. I can't get over that first photo of this thread. The nerd in me asks why, why Sarra are you doing that super cool thing with the tentacle on the lid? Hmm could it be attracting prey in some way? The shorter tentacles remind me of inch worms but that first photo you took. hmmm. I think you should name it, especially if other tentacles get up over an inch on other pitchers. Have others seen this before in there plants?

Dammit Josh!

They're beautiful and I'm turning green. :)

Thanks. I can't get over that first photo of this thread. The nerd in me asks why, why Sarra are you doing that super cool thing with the tentacle on the lid? Hmm could it be attracting prey in some way? The shorter tentacles remind me of inch worms but that first photo you took. hmmm. I think you should name it, especially if other tentacles get up over an inch on other pitchers. Have others seen this before in there plants?

Your plant looks like it has tendrils just as big as mine. When your leaves get bigger I'm sure they'll be just as big!

Back