What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey guys, Pest season..

So, I just saw aphids on my sarracenia, and I was just wondering whether or not this insecticide would be okay. My dad said that it'll work, not just on fruits and vegetables, so lets just hope. I'm just asking about your experience with this (if any) and whether in your opinion will it work or not. Since I have already sprayed it, out of my "motherly" instinct for my plants, let's just see the result and if they live, yay, and shall they die, well, that sucks for me.

Pyretrhins should be ok, but Canola oil is a big unknown. It depends on how persistent it is (how long it takes to evaporate). The oils should take care of any eggs but if it is warm enough the females have probably switched over to parthenogenesis.

I use Bayer Advanced Rose and Flower Insect Killer. Works great on aphids. A combination of a systemic and pyrethroid insecticides.

Thanks nan, well, if the aphids of hell persist, i'll persist as well... try to ruin my cp's.. well ill teach them a lesson. :D

Canola oil does not evaporate. We use it as a cutting oil at work, and I can testify, it just dries up and stays there. Forever. Amen. :jester:

Sorry. But it really doesn't go away. And once it dries, you'll need GooGone to get it of.

Back