What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. hispida pitcher die off, normal?

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Recently the immature H. hispida has had a large pitcher die off. The only thing that has changed would be the seasons, but because the windows are open now it should still be experiencing a nightly temperature drop. I have been growing it in a plastic bag with the top open. (to keep a higher humidity inside but still allow air exchange) The plant has almost entirely filled its pot with like pitchers before this happened, paused growth, then resumed growth as the pitchers started to brown. All the larger pitchers are still green and healthy and it will not budge with given a gentle tug. (so it isn't rot?) I could only think of three reasons, over crowding, over heating, or its normal. ??? I will get pictures tomorrow if I need too.

The leaves could just be those of last season -- many Heliamphora pitchers last more than a year -- and they're just dying off . . .

you had that problem too? i thought we talked about this ant. nice to know that it's supposed to be normal. new leaves are coming out of mine now.

Yeah, I remember talking about it to you. I'm just paranoid I guess because of the seasons changing ect. that it might throw a fit and die for some reason.

Thanks for the answer.

Back