What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18 incher!

Well this is the new monster. I kept thinking the pitchers were big in the past but these new ones are monsters.

Here is a picture of it on 6-17-2007
smallpicther.jpg

And here it is today 5-4-2010
bigpitcher1.jpg

bigpitcher2.jpg

bigpitcher3.jpg

Very nice!

Get yourself a flava though - then you can enjoy 30" pitchers!

Just the fact that it's lived three years is about accomplishment enough for me! :boogie:

Flava though eh....? I'll check it out.

I second the flava, with that over 18 is really normal. Sarrs are known to be tall lol.

Well don't you guys worry, i'll get this one to 30inches on day! Only 10 more inches to go or so...

Come to think of it... what type is mine anyways? I used to know when i first got it but now I can't remember. I always just called it Sarracenia...

it looks like a Judith Hindle or maybe Dana's Delight

looks like a Dana's Delight to me....look at those characteristic DD dark pitchers on the bottom. looking good for sure though! my Dana is only about 8-10 inches tall...

~billy

DD, had one look just like it. Pitcher like mad!

Fantastic plant! DD to me too...

Yeah, it must be a DD. I think when i got it it just said American Pitcher plant, maybe i never knew what it was. I should take another picture today, all of the pitchers are now open. However, none of them have any liquid in them. Whats up with that? Is it just all evaporating out too quickly? I've never really seen any liquid in any of the pitchers since i got this plant.

Liquid is produced once something has been caught. It's not a bath of acid though - just a small amount will be secreted and you won't notice it.

Definitely Dana's Delight
it was my first sarracenia back when i first started, its still out there in my minibog somewhere lol.

You should clip back some of the older pitchers to let more light onto the growth points. For me, it also lets me do parasite checks a lot easier!

Awesome plant though![

Back