What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I grow my Minor wet. In the fall I take it out of the pot, cut off the pitchers, wash off the roots, place it in a zip lock bag and refrigerate until late winter/early spring. She's growing like crazy right now.

My gripe with S. Minor is that is grows very slowly because I made the mistake of clipping down to the rhizome in March even though the old pitchers were half green, other than that I treat most of my Sarr's like tomato plants and I don't even use a water tray because the salt deposits build up. I grow in pure LFS because I was too cheap to ship 5-6 gallons of peat/perlite and I had a couple pounds of LFS from the nep repotting project. Mine isn't flowering but it did grow 2 new growth points this season and it used to be a size small from the nursery.

Other than that, it's probably one of my favorite Sarracenia to buy and the hybrids it makes are just magnificent. Just an original plant in it's own right.

Back