What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia outta dormancy

My Darlingtonia has been slumbering in the garage since last December or so. It was just awoken from sweet dreams of dining at the bug buffet, so it doesn't have any new growth yet from this year.

A shot from above the 13 inch pot it is potted in
IMG_3169-1.jpg

And another shot on a cool 6C and overcast day here
IMG_3155-1.jpg

dvg

Last edited:
You lucky guy! I have only found one clone of Darlingtonia to even *grow* here...

Nice!

Wow... it looks great from having emerged from dormancy!

Thanks guys,

Clue I grow this plant in the basement under a 42 watt CFL. I'd try it outside, but I'd be afraid that the deer, skunks or the rabbits would eat it. Plus with the coyotes around here having acquired a taste for vegetables...they dig up our rows of carrots and eat them...that's just too many variables on the table to deal with.

dvg

Thanks guys,

Clue I grow this plant in the basement under a 42 watt CFL. I'd try it outside, but I'd be afraid that the deer, skunks or the rabbits would eat it. Plus with the coyotes around here having acquired a taste for vegetables...they dig up our rows of carrots and eat them...that's just too many variables on the table to deal with.

dvg

In some parts of Darlingtonia's range, they're called "deer licks".... :-O

WOW! Very nice! My new 3+ year old is doing well so far. It's grew a few pitchers so far!

nice, mine never came out of dormancy.. :-( I got it dormant, and never got to see it alive and growing.

Back